Lymph Bowen for MLD: Module 1
Time & Location
About the Event
By signing up to this course, you are making a payment for Modules 1 & 2 (£500 in total)
Module 1: Sat 10th & Sun 11th October 2020, 9:30 - 17:30
Module 2: Fri 11th & Sat 12th December 2020, 9:30 - 17:30
Details for Module 1:
14 CPD points
- Outlining the specific known lymph procedures. Anatomical and physiological understanding of 4 main lymph approaches.
- Axillary Breast procedure.
- Pelvic procedure
- Temporo Mandibular procedure.
- Constructing a 45 minute treatment.
- Contra-indications / risk assessment. Covid19 implications.
- Measurements / Case Studies and Results.
- Introduction to taking a case study and structure / expectations. 5 cases will be expected for the accredited course completion.
- End of course knowledge checker. (Online quiz)
Details for Module 2 :
14 CPD points
Here we draw on your vast experience to expand clinical application and quality.
The focus is on neurology and fascia for the theoretical aspects, Chapman Reflexes and the infinite possibility of the Bowen move for the practical. The aim is to create a skill-set that is fluid and professional and tailored to the individual rather than a textbook approach.
A fusion of skill-sets.
- Questions and answers. Group session. Experiences / challenges / results.
- The emotional science of “tension”, how Bowen works and its impact on lymph movement.
- Introduction to the Chapman Reflexes / anatomical reasoning and locations for treatment.
- Practical demonstrations and discussion.
- Accuracy Session. Exploring different pressures and optimum intervention with the Bowen Move.
- Fascia science and its impact on lymph in relation to the Bowen move.
- Observing the client physiologically / movement patterns and consequences. The nociceptive withdrawal reflex.
- Lymph volume reduction
- Range of movement
- Quality of life.
- Conclusions / progressions and requirements for certification. 5 case studies x 3 treatments and a 1 hour online written paper with “teachables”.
- Course Payment (Modules 1 & 2)£500£5000£0