Fri, 13 Mar|
Exeter Community Centre
Red Flags, Exeter
Learn the cardinal signs and flags for many presentations in clinic. From sepsis to headaches, back pain, neural and much more.
Time & Location
13 Mar 2020, 09:30 – 17:00
Exeter Community Centre, 17 St. Davids Hill, Exeter EX4 3RG, UK
About the Event
Red Flag Training.
Mainstream Medicine, Complementary Therapists and the Interface Potential.
The NHS continues to have demand and capacity issues. Many NHS patients use complementary therapies and complementary therapists could, with suitable training, be integrated into mainstream NHS pathways of care to the benefit of patients / clients. There is a change in the dialogue between allopathic medicine and complementary approaches. There is a clear request for therapists to have skills in "reasonable reognition" of signs and symptoms and be able to report these effciently and professionally. This course aims to create improved confidence in the following areas:
Overview of the Red Flags Day. Improving client safety.
- Understanding anatomy of dermatomes and myotomes
- 2 min MSK examination
- Introduction using red flags for back pain.
- Identifying red flags
- Communicating your findings professionally to your GP.
Overview of Red flags for.
- Neck ache
- Mental Health
- GI symptoms
- The older person
- Skin problems
Overview of Lifestyle changes for.
- Healthy nutrition and Biome
- Activity and relaxation balance
- Examples of modules delivered by our team of consultants, nurses and doctors will over 2019-2023.
- Red and Yellow Flags. Writing effective letters to GPs’
- Learning the narrative of the NHS
- NHS Governance
- Motivational interviewing techniques.
- Pacing and pain management tools
- Infection control.
Red Flags, One Day